Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mango Avocado Salsa


I made this recipe for the first time two weeks after I got married. I wanted tilapia for dinner (it's healthy) and my husband wanted something that didn't taste like tilapia, so he found this recipe and asked if I'd make it. Up until that point I had never tasted a "salsa" that included fruit as its main ingredient. Tomatoes, yes; mangos and avocados, heck no.

But let me tell you, it was love at first bite and we've made this countless times since. This salsa is creamy, crunch, spicy, sweet, and just a tad bit addicting—fair warning. Cook your tilpia with just a touch of seasoning (we like a dusting of lemon/garlic seasoning) and then pile the salsa on top. And if you have any salsa left over, just go ahead and eat it with a spoon! 
 Mango Avocado Salsa

Ingredients: 
1 cup avocado, cut in small chunks 
1 cup mango, cut in small chunks 
4 tablespoons chopped green onion
1 roma tomato
5 "deli" jalapenos diced (omit/tweak to taste)
2 tablespoon lemon juice

1 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Pinch of Paprika
Pinch of salt and pepper

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients. Cover and leave in fridge for at least 30 minutes, so the flavors can all mingle together.

2 comments:

  1. I remember hearing about this probably when you first made it. I too am nervous about fruit salsa, but it looks fabulous. And you being quite the salsa queen, I'll trust you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh...if this is anything like your amazing guac...I cant wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!