Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Tale of Jessica

I am so excited to start this blog with my sister-in-law, not to mention I'm really happy to have a place to share recipes we've been trying over here. My first several posts will be recipes I've posted on my personal blog and then I'll start adding new ones.

But before I start posting recipes I figured you may like to know a little more about me. When I was younger I never really cooked or baked. I would much rather take a nap instead. When I would attempt to create something in the kitchen it would typically come out horribly wrong (like putting salt in place of sugar in sugar cookies). I tried, tried, and kept on trying, but eventually gave up.

But then I met my husband and he encouraged me to get back in the kitchen and try again—and I saw that in a completely non-demeaning way, I promise. My husband loves to try new things and is fantastic in the kitchen. Seriously, the man can cook, and bake, and eat!

We also like revamping recipes and tweaking them to make them healthier, so be on the lookout for tips and tricks in my posts. As for food, I like making and trying out just about anything. I use cookbooks and websites a lot, and I'll give you all the sources when I can. I also like taking favorite foods and meals from restaurants and making them into something healthy I can eat at home.

Well, that was a lot of talking for me. I promise from now on my posts will have less words and more pictures of food! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!